French is such a beautiful language, a perfect representative to the land it calls its home.
Learning how to speak French is sure to provide countless benefits for the person who will invest his time and effort to study and adopt this language. These benefits range from social to cultural, from personal to commercial, from matters of interests to matters of the heart.
The French language is one of the most popular languages in the world. Many say that it is the language of love because of the intonation and pronunciation its rules demand.
A lot of people can attest to this, as French is the 11th most spoken language today.
Here are 7 fantastic benefits you can enjoy once you learn how to understand and speak French.
1. Add an immediate spice to your words. With the romantic flavor of the French language, you’re sure to grab the attention – and perhaps the heart – of the person you will speak to. Why do you think a “French kiss” is called a French kiss, my friend? It’s because the French know how romance really works, and this extends to the language they speak.
2. Statistics show that there are 128 million fluent French speakers in the world, and 110 millions people who can understand French but who are not that fluent when speaking the language. What does this mean? If you’re running a business, you’d be able to expand your market by promoting your product or service in French! And we’re talking about a BIG market.
3. There are 43 French speaking countries. This is a substantial number, considering that 33 countries represent almost 15% of the totality of the nations in the world. Learning how to speak French will ensure that you will make the most out of your travels… in the 15% area of the globe, that is.
4. French is the official language of the biggest international organizations today. I’m talking about Amnesty International, the World Health Organization, the International Olympic Committee, Interpol and others. Planning to pad your resume with impressive membership to any of these distinguished organizations. Learning French will help you achieve such a goal.
5. Learning French will expand your career options. Considering the number of French- speaking countries in the world, you’d be able to increase your market value and consider the job opportunities presented by the aforementioned countries. More options mean better chances of finding the perfect career for you!
6. French is spoken in Paris, and who wouldn’t want to travel to Paris at some point? Paris is one of the most beautiful places in the world. And Paris ranks no. 1 when it comes to a listing of the best quality of life offered by a city.
7. French culture will open up an entire world of enlightenment for you if you learn how to understand the language. Literature – both prose and poetry, movies – both old and new, and periodicals – both classic and cutting edge… you will be able to enjoy all of these!
The French language is one of the most popular languages in the world. Many say that it is the language of love because of the intonation and pronunciation its rules demand. A lot of people can attest to this, as French is the 11th most spoken language today.